SHiFT in the Kitch – Oat(less) Meal
What makes SHiFT a workout that works? It’s not just a workout.
It’s an experience, a wealth of information and inspiration, a reset and a resource. Many times when we seek out challenges and envision positive change, we still crave the comfort we know.Our meals are no different. We want to make bold and healthy choices but hanker for familiar recipes. But if we SHiFT a few ingredients, we can have it all. . .
Many of us SHiFTers joined the Lurong Resolution challenge. Though the challenge may have ended, the relationship to nutrition has just begun. This is not about being extreme, its about being mindful. Progressing and preserving who we are and how we eat—SHiFTing from the inside out.
If these last of the Winter days find you still wearing your favorite scarf and still craving some comfort food, try this take on one of our faves—OATMEAL. Enjoy the richness of almond milk, the fortifying properties of the hearty nuts, the healing scents of the spices, the power of superfood blueberries. .. without the oats!
Oat (less) Meal
1⁄4 cup walnuts
1⁄4 cup pecans
2 tbsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1⁄4 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp almond butter
1 banana, mashed
1⁄4 cup almond milk
1 tsp pumpkin seeds
1 tsp chia seeds
1/2 cup blueberries
- Add walnuts, pecans and spices to food processor and pulse until coarsely ground.
- Whisk together eggs and almond milk until consistency thickens and becomes a loose custard.
- Thoroughly blend mashed banana and almond butter together and add it to the custard, mixing well.
- Stir in the course nut mixture.
- In a medium saucepan, warm the mixture on the stove until your Oat (less) Meal reaches the desired consistence, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds and blueberries on top.
- Add more almond milk if desired.
Take a look at all of your favorite “comfort food” recipes. With a little culinary creativity, we can all SHiFT in the Kitch !